Last Updated: June 16 2019
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you contact us or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
When you access or use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Services through your computer, we automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address and approximate location information derived from your IP address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to our Services. Additionally, when you visit our Services through your mobile device, we collect your unique device ID, device make and model, device IP address, mobile web browser type and version and mobile carrier. We also collect information about your usage of and activity on our Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services.
b. Web Beacons
We may collect information using web beacons (also known as pixel tags). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
c. Third Party Analytics and Advertisements.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about new promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by RhythmoftheHome and our selected partners;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- with your consent or at your direction;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of RhythmoftheHome or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
RhythmoftheHome takes reasonable measures to help protect information we collect about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
5. DATA RETENTION
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
6. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
a. Promotional Communications.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from RhythmoftheHome by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about updates to our Services.
b. Your California Privacy Rights.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREAS
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
a. Controller of your Personal Data
b. Legal Bases for Using Personal Data
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
|Purposes for which we will process information||Legal Basis for the processing|
|To respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support.||It is necessary for us to respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support in order to take steps at your request or according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To offer you products and services in marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you.||We may send electronic marketing communications to you if you have consented to these communications. It is in our legitimate interest to market out products and services to you by other means and to direct you to portions of the website or other websites that we believe may interest you. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the website, analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the website; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications.||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To perform data analytics regarding usage of the website (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data).||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us.||We will serve you advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities if you have consented to this processing.|
|To enable our affiliates or service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf;||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our service providers and affiliates to perform certain activities on our behalf. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To notify you of any changes to the website that may affect you.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
c. International Transfers
Some of our processing of your data may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of our external third-party service providers are also based outside of the EEA, and their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. This includes the United States. Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including when appropriate entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal data.
d. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes it was retained, such as to enable you to use the website and your products or to provide services to you. In some instances, we may retain data for longer periods in order to comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties, and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Policy and our internal retention guidelines.
e. Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the How to Contact Us section below. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
RhythmoftheHome may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com